Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mom and Dad






Hey there, Family,
It's been quite a year so far! I just can't believe how fast the time goes! This year started out with some mobility challenges—Dad with his broken foot, and me with my knee problem. (Honest! I didn't really kick him that hard, and uh….he kicked me first!) We've come to be known as "Gimp" and "Gimper". But we are both mending, and we are grateful! Dad was on disability for three months, and he has learned to slow down a bit. That will make it easier to transition into retirement this Fall without going crazy with boredom! I actually got used to having him around 24/7, so it has been good for both of us.
Our plans for the Fall are to officially retire and apply for a mission. It's getting really close now, and we are getting pretty excited about the possibilities! Realistically, it will probably be December or January before we can go because of a closely monitored medication that I have to take through November because of the blood clot I had post surgery.
We are taking a little trip to Alabama over Father's Day to attend Brennon's baptism, and to be present at Family Day for the helicopter pilot trainees at Fort Rucker. We will actually get to see James fly his Apache! That will be exciting!
I want to thank all of you for my Mother's Day present. Shirley presented me with an album containing photos of our grandchildren with their quilts! That is priceless to me! Thank you all for your contribution to this wonderful gift! I love it!
We embarked on a little home improvement project a couple of months ago, to change out the kitchen countertop and cabinets. The countertop had to be done, as the old one was made of particle board and had deteriorated to the point that the faucet had nothing to tighten down to. And, of course, you can't replace the countertop without replacing the lower cabinets, and you can't replace the lower cabinets without replacing the uppers. See how a little project can mushroom? So, April through June have been exciting as we have seen the project come together. Tim and Dad did a great job and it looks really cool!
We want to express our love to each and every one of you! We are so proud of each of you, not only for your accomplishments (which are many), but more importantly, your strength of character! We are so grateful for your strong families, for standing firm and supporting and loving one another! We could not ask for anything more valuable than that. I also want you to know that we pray for you. I know that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers—yours as well as ours! He loves you and knows your needs. He will not forsake you if you will put your trust in Him. Love and kisses, from Mom & Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.